Conditions of Hire November 2022
Your booking constitutes a contract of hire between you as the hirer and us as the owners of West Woolley Farm Holiday Cottages and is subject to the following conditions:
To make a booking, you must be over 18. You must ensure that everyone in your party complies with these Conditions of Hire.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us, which only happens when we subsequently confirm your booking in writing by email or post.
2. Deposit and Final Payment
If you book 8 weeks or more prior to the day of arrival, we require a deposit of 30% of the total hire cost of your stay to secure the booking, with the balance due 8 weeks before the start of your stay. Unless otherwise agreed, if we have not received full payment by 8 weeks before your day of arrival, we will assume that you have cancelled your booking.
If you book less than 8 weeks in advance, the full price is payable at the time of booking. Once the booking has been made, you are responsible for payment of the total hire cost.
3. Cancellation by You
Should you need to cancel your booking you must notify us immediately and confirm this in writing. How a cancellation is treated will depend on the reasons for the cancellation and how much notice is given.
We strongly recommend you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance to cover the full cost of your stay with us in all circumstances. If you choose not to take out holiday insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
3.1 Cancellations due to Government restrictions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
If you need to cancel your booking because you are prevented from travelling, or making use of the accommodation, due to restrictions imposed by Government authorities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, or we are forced to close as a result of such restrictions, we will offer you a choice of the following:
a) a full refund of the monies you have paid, or
b) a transfer of your booking to a later date, or
c) a voucher with a redemption value equal to the monies you have paid
You must notify us of any such cancellation immediately and confirm this in writing. If you transfer your booking to a later date, you will need to pay any difference in price if the cost of the new booking is higher, or be reimbursed the difference if the cost of the new booking is lower. Refunds will be paid no later than the check-out date of the original booking.
Please note this does not include cancellation if you, or someone in your party, is unable to travel as a result of contracting COVID-19, or is required or recommended to self-isolate or quarantine by relevant Medical and/or Government authorities. These situations remain at your own risk and any resulting cancellation is subject to the conditions set out in 3.2.
3.2 Cancellations for reasons other than 3.1
If you cancel 60 days or more before your holiday check-in date, we will provide a full refund of the monies you have paid. If you cancel less than 60 days before your check-in date, we will refund you a proportion of your holiday cost depending on the notice period given, as outlined in the table below. If we are successful in re-letting the cottage for all or part of the dates of your original booking we may refund you a higher amount (up to 100% of the monies you have paid) depending on the new letting price. Refunds will be paid no later than the check-out date of the original booking.
Number of days before your check-in date
|60 days or more||100% of monies paid|
|Between 30 and 60 days||70% of monies paid or the new letting price of the cottage if it is re-let for all or part of the original dates, whichever is higher (limited to 100% of monies paid)|
|Between 7 and 30 days||50% of monies paid or the new letting price of the cottage if it is re-let for all or part of the original dates, whichever is higher (limited to 100% of monies paid).|
|Less than 7 days||Not eligible for a refund unless the cottage is re-let for all or part of the original dates in which case the refund will be based on the new letting price (limited to 100% of monies paid).|
4. Cancellation by Us
If your cottage is unavailable due to a ‘Force Majeure Event’ beyond our control, at our sole discretion, we may offer you
a) full refund of the monies you have paid, or
b) alternative accommodation and/or dates, or
c) such other remedy as we consider appropriate with regard to the circumstances,
Our liability is restricted to the return of the monies paid and there can be no further claim against us. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the same reasons, and no alternative arrangements can be made, we will refund the remaining cost of your hire.
In this context, ‘Force Majeure Event’ means any of the following circumstances including but not limited to:
- Acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster
- Epidemic or pandemic
- Terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo or breaking of diplomatic relations
- Nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom
- Any law or action taken by a government or public authority, including, without limitation, imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent
- Collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident
- Any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts
- Non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; and
- Interruption or failure of public services or utilities such as electricity, water, mobile phone networks, Wifi provision etc.
5. Arrival and Departure
The booking is from 5pm on the day of arrival to 9.30am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us or you are informed by us of different arrangements.
6. Our rights
We reserve the right not to hand over the cottage to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge, in which case we will refund the hire charges in full and the contract will be discharged. We reserve the right to enter the cottages at any time during the period of hire.
7. Our obligations
If you tell us about anything that’s not working while you’re here, we undertake to repair or replace it with due diligence, or to make alternative arrangements. We are not liable for any claim should we be unable to do so for reasons outside our control, and we cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services or utilities such as electricity, water, mobile phone networks, WiFi provision etc.
8. Your obligations
You agree to:
- Limit the maximum number of people occupying the cottage to that confirmed in your booking, except by prior agreement.
- Be responsible for the cottage and to take good care of it, leaving it clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. You are responsible for extra cleaning costs, if necessary.
- Return anything moved from one cottage to another, if your party hired more than one cottage.
- Ensure that there is no unreasonable amount of noise within or around the cottage particularly at night, in the interests of other guests and village residents.
- Tell us promptly about any failure, loss or damage to any electrical or other equipment or fitting.
- Pay us the cost of repairing or replacing, at our discretion, any loss or damage caused to the cottage or equipment during your stay and including the cost of refunding other guests should the loss or damage, in our sole opinion, be so severe as to cause us to cancel subsequent bookings.
- Not engage any third-party supplier to provide any service in your cottage or elsewhere on our property without providing written details of the third-party supplier and service offered and obtaining our prior consent. Consent will only be given if the third-party supplier can provide satisfactory evidence of having appropriate public, product and employee liability insurance cover.
- Use our WiFi internet connectivity appropriately and in a way that is NOT unlawful, fraudulent, harmful to others, obscene, defamatory or deceptive or to knowingly send, upload, download or transmit any data, materials or other computer code that may adversely affect the operation of our WiFi internet connectivity and/or the software and hardware of any computer or device using our WiFi internet connectivity.
9. Smoking and Vaping
Smoking, vaping and e-cigarettes are not permitted in the cottage or any other buildings including our agricultural buildings, other outbuildings or gardens
10. Electric Vehicles
We do not currently have charging facilities on-site for electric vehicles and you will need to make your own arrangements to charge your vehicle. The nearest charging facilities are located in Bude. Please ask us for further details.
The use of a domestic charger (also known as a ‘granny charger’ or ‘trickle charger’) to charge an electric vehicle via any power socket in your cottage or any internal or external power socket elsewhere on our property, is strictly prohibited. Domestic chargers are not suitable for use with our electricity systems and may create a serious safety and fire risk. You are solely liable for any damage or loss suffered by us as a result of your unauthorised use of domestic chargers
If you have any complaint please tell us immediately, and will use all reasonable endeavours to rectify the problem during your stay.
We are not responsible for the death or any injury to you, anyone in your party, your guests or third parties, or for loss or damage to belongings, motor vehicles or contents, or any other personal possessions save where the death, injury, loss or damage is a direct result of our negligence or wilful misconduct. Parents and carers are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. We have no responsibility for the services, or failure to perform the relevant services, of any third-party supplier which we may recommend in good faith based on our personal experience or the experience of other guests.
13. Privacy Notice
14. Governing law
The contract of hire is governed by English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Changes to the Conditions of Hire
We keep our Conditions of Hire under regular review. This version was updated on 22 November 2022. For earlier versions please contact us.