COVID-19 – Reducing the Risks for our Guests and Communities
To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and make sure you have a safe and enjoyable holiday, we’ve put in place extra cleaning and safety protocols following new guidelines developed for the self-catering sector to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These form part of broader guidance developed by the main hospitality and tourism organisations and endorsed by the Government. By meeting these standards we’ve received the AA’s ‘Covid Confident’ accreditation.
Using our risk assessment, we’ve identified the most important actions we can take to keep you safe. As a result, things are different to normal but we hope you’ll understand.
- Extra cleaning – in addition to thoroughly cleaning each cottage between guests, we’re disinfecting frequently touched areas including light switches, TV remotes, door handles and much, much, more. To do this properly takes time. Check-in will therefore be later at 5.00pm, and check-out on your last day will be earlier, by 9.30am
- Laundry – all bed-linen, towels, bath mats, mattress and pillow protectors are washed by our laundry supplier at temperatures above 600C
- Hand washing – we’ve placed sanitising hand wash in the kitchen and main bathroom of every cottage. Hand sanitiser stations have also been installed in the laundry, play barn and animal barns for use before and after being in these areas.
- Social distancing – where appropriate, guests are encouraged to keep their distance from others outside their family group
- Books, games, DVD’s – we’ve removed all books, games and DVD’s from the cottages as it’s not practical to disinfect every item between guests. Of course, you’re welcome to bring your own but if you get stuck, just ask us and we can let you borrow books, games. DVD’s for the duration of your stay and quarantine them afterwards.
- Tourist information – similarly, we have removed all tourist information leaflets from the cottages. There’s a large tourist information centre in Bude in the lower canal car park which has lots of helpful information but please ask us if you have any questions or would like to borrow maps, walk books etc. We strongly advise you to check online for up-to-date opening times, booking processes etc. for any attraction, pub, restaurant you may want to visit and plan ahead, as many are continuing to operate advance booking systems only.
- Beach equipment, BBQ’s – guests are welcome to borrow any of our beach equipment, body boards, wetsuits or BBQ’s from the laundry room. If you do, they should be returned to the stone drying-shed opposite the laundry where we’ll hold them in quarantine for 72 hours or otherwise clean and disinfect them and return to the laundry.
- Departure day – we are asking guests to help us with the following before they leave to help reduce the risks for our cleaning team
- Empty the waste and recycling bins in the bins provided in the courtyard
- Strip the beds of sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers and leave on the bed
- Load the dishwasher with cutlery, crockery and glasses (even if clean) and set going on the shortest cycle as everything needs to be washed before new guests arrive.
- Feeling unwell – guests should not travel if they have any symptoms of COVID-19. If you develop symptoms whilst staying with us you should let us know immediately. It’s likely you will need to return home as soon as possible to self-isolate and we will need to implement additional cleaning and sanitising measures.
- Local community – please remain sensitive to the views of the local community about the number of visitors to the area in peak times. Avoiding busy times at the supermarket, maintaining social distancing when out and about, following any advice on face coverings and supporting smaller local shops and businesses are just some of the things to think about